Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Your Go to Book

Is there a book that you consider your old faithful? A book that every couple of months you read it in any situation. Your book for a rainy day, whether you wanted a feel good story, one that inspired you or one that you just enjoy reading. I call this you go to book.
                   
About 6 years ago my friend recommended a book to me that he said I would enjoy called the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. He told me the story was about a young shepherd boy setting out to find his personal legend. I'd say he wasn't wrong with his story choice. Since then I've read this book atleast 3 times and listened to the ebook twice. It gets better every time I read it.


Initially when I saw the cover, I envisioned a story that had trials in it. The image seemed dark and unclear since there's a dark castle in the mountains. As I read it the cover choice made more sense to me.  This book tells the story of a challenging uphill road for the young boy, Santiago, sets out on a journey from a dream he envisioned and while on his path he meets an Alchemist who teaches him about his personal legend and he sets out to find that as well. To me the story shows and encourages you to follow your dreams and ambitions. Also don't be afraid to learn while in the process. A must read. 

There are other good books that I've read, but none that I find myself going back to read like this. My question is what's your go to books and why?