Sunday, June 1, 2014

Re: Book Cover - Beyond the Wall

I really like the first one of these. I think the idea with the shadow of the woman appearing on the wall is great! It illustrates the concept of the story and is a great idea. I like the play with the light on the wall as well. I wish the typography looked a little more like it was written on the wall and had some history there. Right now I think it looks a little bit like a chalkboard rather than a wall. Also, I wish the author's name was a little bit larger. Like maybe there's a black bar at the bottom with the title and author and then the wall, man and shadow can use that as a base. But then it takes the writing off the wall so maybe you don't want to do that. Just thinking out loud. It just doesn't quite strike me as a book cover yet. 

The second one I think is a little bit less successful because it could be a wooden door or a table or something. It's not totally clear that it's a wall. And I don't love the typography. I like how old the man's arm looks though. Maybe a different background that looks more like stone or something?

Hope this helps! I think the concepts are really great and they just need a little tweaking. Good luck!