Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book covers you would frame as a poster

Top Ten Tuesday:

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature created at The Broke and Bookish (www.brokeandbookish.com). My first blog post sent me searching for book design topics and thankfully I stumbled onto this particular site.  Shamelessly borrowing from their Top Ten list, I submit the following post for your comment - Top Ten book covers you would frame as a poster - please share your favorite.


Book design as art is likely why I make many of the book purchases I do.  I am drawn to particular styles of artwork.  As an example, I submit INK.  I love the image, the soft pink hues that blend into flowers and the contrast of the black chalkboard/graffiti typeface.  This book cover would be pure joy to take to my favorite frame shop, Frame Shoppe in Annapolis, and spend time paring the right combinations of color and textures to mats and frames. The possibilities are endless.  Text, art and design marry together for this beautiful piece of commercial art.  I have no idea what this book is about, however, I am happy to start our Top Ten book covers I would love to frame as a poster post.  The cover, and this topic, does beg the question - will I be disappointed with the content because my expectations are set so high with the aesthetics of the cover...