Thursday, June 26, 2014

RE: Your Go To Book-Adina

Hmm I would have to say for the sake of keeping my sanity and esteem as a writer, my go to book is Stephen King's On Writing. It's the first, and only King book I've read but it's the honesty, the storytelling and the advice that pulls me in every time. As a 20-something aspiring writer, often times I have to keep in mind that it may take a while before I get to that place in my career where I want to be. One of King's most notable works, Carrie, is one that he explains was submitted and rejected by numerous publishers. It was because of his wife, Tabitha, who found the manuscript in the trash and encouraged him to send it off one more time, that Carrie became the iconic chiller known today.
King is a great writer with a lot of insight about the mechanics of writing. I thoroughly enjoy this book, its tone and his life story.

When you have the likes of Fifty Shades flying off of shelves, it can be rather frustrating and discouraging as a writer to see and read :/ So King's book is a true pick me up.