Thursday, June 19, 2014

Guilty Pleasures - Derrick

well, let's see. Hahaha Mick Foley used to be my favorite wrestler back when it was WWF! As I got older, I stop watching wrestling and focused on real life issues. But, to answer the post question at hand; what guilty pleasures do I have? Well, I guess it would really have to come down to how we define guilty pleasure. If you're just referring to what I "read for fun… for trash… for escape" then I'd have to really think about this. I do enjoy reading fantasy, drama and fiction. Lately, I've been re-reading books from my childhood.


One that is a guilty pleasure is Gossip Girl by Cecily Von Ziegesar. This young adult series novel has a tv show that followed. I'm not sure if the show is still running but it was funny and full of drama scandals. Basically the series takes place in upper east side NY, with the journey of high school students expericing relationships and typical problems that teens go through. With the secrets and rumors the drama develops. This is a guilty pleasure because clearly, I'm I'm graduate school, these issues don't concern me, but the drama is so juicy.


Another book series that I think has a tv show, Pretty little liars by Sara Shepard. I saw the book a couple years ago when I was in the library. This book is another series of lies, secrets and drama. In the book, Alison goes missing and her friends are keeping a little secret. Then they receive emails and texts and fear that Alison is back. More drama….

I guess we learn more and more about ourselves each day. For me, I've learned that I have a secret enjoyment of teen drama. Particular girl teen lol. What does that say about the society that we live in? Even at the age of 20+, I still enjoy reading this crap lol.