Monday, June 23, 2014

Re: Children's Books and Literature- Derek

Looking at children's books brought back a nostalgic felling for me. Seeing books that I've read reminds me a my golden years in elementary, playing sports, watching tv and sleepovers at my friends houses. One of my favorite book sets to read was Arthur by Marc Brown. These were great stories that told the story of a young boy growing up in elementary school. Looking back the covers were interesting because there was a lot of color contrast with the images and the titles. There was a lot of spacing between the titles and the actual images which makes everything easy to read.
               



Even now I find myself reading some TMNT books with my nephew from time to time, as I did as a child. I like to considered bonding time. I was always a fan of Eastman and Laird illustrations, these days there computer generated and use more dark colors then they did when I was a child. These days the books have 2 stories in 1, which I think is a unique concept.  



Some other books I read as I got a little older were Wayside stories, goosebumps and even captain underpants. I just found out that pretty much all the books I read as a child are now cartoons. Below is a clip from the cartoon of Wayside schools if you have a couple of minutes to watch.