Thursday, June 12, 2014

Re: Books + Movies = Boovies

One of the things I enjoy doing is looking at movie posters. Since I work close to a movie theater I always look at different posters and come up work ideas of how I would recreate them. When I recognize a book title or think something may be a novel, I usually look it up and try to figure out if the artist adapted something from the book or current story in the artwork. I decided to post some things that take an element from the actual book cover and adapt the element on the movie poster. 


The movie poster was created from a recreated version of the book. It uses symmetrical elements as well as royal colors to give a vintage look.

The infamous embossed bar of soap made it from the book cover to the big screen. Its a very memorable elemen

t.Jurassic Park's original cover, before any movie studio marketing ...

The iconic TRex fossil taken from the actual book was incorporated into the movie poster as well. Nice addition.