Thursday, June 26, 2014

Re: Your Go To Book - Kate

During my sophomore year of college, a friend of mine gave me Ethan Hawke's The Hottest State. I think I must have read it at least 15 times while in college and my early 20s. I don't know that it's particularly some sort of classic. I mean, I think the writing is good, the character development is vivid, and I could relate trying to navigate a emotions that felt some what out of control. But I kept going back to it mostly because it is a coming-of-age story about falling in love for the first time, having your heart crushed, and then trying to figure out how to move on from that. I also remember liking that it was from the guy's perspective, rather than the girl who is always getting dumped and being broken-hearted in literature.



And just to spare you all another posting with Harry Potter covers, I will only state that I have reread the Harry Potter series completely from book 1 to 7 at least four or five times, and reread parts of each book many more times than that. But by now, you all know what the covers look like!