Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Re: Top Ten Tuesday

This was a interesting topic, I always find book covers that I think would be great posters. I was in the library over the weekend looking at children's books and pursued into other sections to look at some of the book covers. I found 3 that I really liked.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by Fitzgerald cover's overall image always caught my attention. I think this book has several different covers but this one looks like something that I would want to see on the big screen. The imagery has an interesting effect that makes you want to know more.

Black Moon by Kenneth Calhoun has a very intriguing design. I love the play with the type and how it's working in the space with the black background. This looks like a poster that I'd see at the movies. That eye that's looking directly into my soul is pressures you to want to read and know more.

Tina Fey's Bossy Pants definitely looks like a poster that I'd see at the cinema. For me, one of the biggest reasons is because Tina is a celebrity comedian/ actor. We're accustomed to seeing celebrities on posters and this strikes me as one.