Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Re: Hysteria

In my third year of undergrad my roommate introduced me to a book that everyone was talking about. It was a tell-all-book that exposed prominent celebrity business men. I was hooked to this book because I couldn't believe some of the things that this lady had published. Very confidential, intimate secrets involving personal lives were available for everyone to read, and some of these people she mentioned were married. 

Apparently this lady is a retired model or "music video vixen" and she's had relations with basically everybody in the entertainment and sports industry.

Later Karrine Steffans confirmed her stories mentioned in the book. She appeared on television interviews, radio shows and I think she published another book. Shockingly none of the men mentioned in her book disputed the things she said. This book mentioned drug habits, homosexual allegations, abusive relations, along with other disturbing characteristics about well-known celebrities.

Tell-all-books are becoming more and more popular and they can cause major hysteria especially when the allegations in the book aren't true.


May I just add, the book A Million Little Pieces was such a let down when the dishonest balloon finally bursts. Major bummer...