Sunday, June 16, 2013

RE: Life changing books

Hana what a great topic. Books are great when they can tap into your personal life and make you feel like you've learned something new about yourself. From middle-school to high-school the Chicken Noodle Soup series made me feel normal growing up because it told stories I could actually relate to. The Chicken Noodle Soup series was life-changing for me during those days because the stories dealt with typical teenager drama and it shined a light on how to approach difficult situations.

After graduating undergrad I fell into a huge quarter-life crises depression. It was like I didn't know what to do with myself and I constantly compared myself to my Elon classmates. I remember thinking, "there has to be a book to help me get through this!" Then it was magic! I bumped into Conquering Your Quarterlife Crises, by Alexandra Robbins. This book was just in time and it spoke to all of my needs. 

There are actual people in this book who tell their true quarter-life crises stories and they give useful advice. It's amazing how people can experience the same experience at different times and although this book was published in 2004 the advice is still current. I reference this book even today for life advice.