Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Re: Spin-offs in Print

I have not seen or heard of Fringe because Sci-Fi is probably my least favorite genre. It's difficult to comment on how successful the cover designs are in relation to the content without knowing the material so I can only comment on the actual design. The first one feels appropriate for a comic and I can see this cover appealing to young adults. The series of three covers with the actors on them I find to be incredibly unoriginal. I think they look like you could add almost any sci-fi or action title to them because they are so generic. I also don't appreciate the actors on book covers. The cover designs for the series that you find disturbing are actually my favorite out of the ones presented. I think the images are interesting and I don't mind creepy.