Sunday, June 9, 2013

Re: Back Down Memory Lane


Oh, how I remember The Boxcar Children.  My 3rd grade teacher's aid read this series to us and I loved it!  I really emerged myself in the book, even though it was like an audio-book, courtesy of my teacher's voice - I still used my imagination.

Basically, the story was about four orphaned children who made a home for themselves in a boxcar in the forest.  I thought it was a great story.  This may not be saying much for me, but this story has stuck with me all these years.

Since I didn't purchase the book, I didn't remember the cover until I Googled it.  There are several different covers out there, because this book was written in 1924 and republished and republished.  However, I like the cover shown here.  I really liked the line above the title, which serves as a track for the train.  I think it's cute. The cover looks like a painting, so you know it's a classic.  I don't even want to imagine a cover redesign in 2013.  Who knows --the kids would probably have iPhones or steal one and some Jordans. Anything goes nowadays!

But I should purchase this book and maybe one day read it to my kids or somebody's kids.