Saturday, June 8, 2013

Re: Back Down Memory Lane

I remember those gold spines so well! I had so many of those as a child. Some of my most memorable books were "Little Golden Books."

One of the ones that I remember the most was given to me by my mom when my sister and I stayed the weekend with my grandmother. She tucked it into my overnight bag and I saw it right before bed. It was about two kittens staying with their cat grandparents. They picked blueberries and made pie to help the little kittens not be homesick. I couldn't remember the title until I asked my sister, but I could picture the illustrations so clearly in my head. So, to answer your question, it is definitely the story and characters that have stuck with me.



Whenever I think about this book I immediately think of my grandmother and that wonderful weekend with her. We didn't pick blueberries or bake pies, but I have so many great memories of that weekend and seeing the cover of this book brings them all back.