Sunday, June 9, 2013

Re: Back Down Memory Lane

As a child, I think that I was definitely drawn to picture books based on the images. When a child is in a library or a bookstore they are likely to pick up the books that they find most visually appealing which often means the most colorful. One book that I remember loving was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. I love(d) the bright colors and clean graphic elements. The book was written to teach children the ABCs and the bright alphabet letters helped this cause. The words rhymed to make it a really fun read for a child.






And who can forget the incredible illustrations in the Where's Waldo series. They are truly amazing and they make the book such a success. I had so much fun as a child searching for Waldo. Illustrations really make a children's book and this is a perfect example of that. The illustrations and concept are so strong that the books don't even have or need words.