Wednesday, June 26, 2013

RE: Horror Palette

Hana some of those covers are really nice, thanks for sharing those. Nathan I'm afraid to tell you this, but YES color does matter. You made me laugh when you said, "I just don't understand what they're for." Well, I agree with Jamie. Colors are mainly for marketing reasons and you need them to distinguish between genres. I'm a fan of romance novels, inspirational/self-help books, and memoirs. All of these books have a different color palette. Romance novels do often use pink, purple, red, and white for cover palettes as Jamie pointed out.

Here are some of my favorite inspirational novels. During my google search inspirational novels range in color. I noticed either a primary color palette, a palette relating to earth (sky blue, green grass, white clouds) or a warm color palette.
















Here are some of my favorite memoirs. These covers vary in color, but Nathan you'll be glad to know I noticed that most of them only use 2 colors (if we're not counting white as a color). They're usually just very expressive and artistic.