Thursday, June 20, 2013

Re: Let's Get Physical..Physical

Great topic! I've learned some cool new tricks mates, thank you. I'm sorry I don't have much to offer. But I have learned if you're not using the 'print booklet' option in Indesign, it's important to put your spreads in imposition order. I had to learn this the hard way during Words and Images. So if you have 8 pages your reader spreads should look like this:

pages 1 and 8
pages 2 and 7
pages 3 and 6
pages 4 and 5

Luckily now that we're are in this class we have a lovely book that explains everything about arranging pages in the preproduction chapter. WARNING every print establishment is different. I Kinkos prefers your pdf file to be exported into single pages following the imposition arrangement order. Office Depot likes for the pages to be in this order but in reader spreads. So confusing I know. My advice is to 'print booklet' in the school lab and if you prefer a specific type of paper bring it in a sealed package.