Thursday, June 16, 2011

Response to Videos

After watching these videos, I think I have a better grasp on what tablets like the iPad can do for our education system. I know that the price of the medium seems daunting at first, but the iPad can really help children learn. In the case of the man explaining his periodic table, children with access to his program can explore the information of a periodic table in ways that were never possible when I was learning science in school. The medium is so engaging that kids won't lose focus, and will be eager to learn the material. Maybe in the future the price of the iPad will go down as more and more people purchase them, which will make it easier to adopt into curriculums. I hope that educators realize the potential iPads have, and start to use them to make learning fun.