Monday, June 13, 2011

Response to Jolie's Post

[anyone see how to directly respond to someone's post without having to create an entirely new one?]

I love the point Jolie brought up about CD art. Personally, I rarely purchase only the MP3 of my favorite music. I will either skip the MP3 altogether and just get the CD for the art, then upload the CD to my iTunes to get the best of both worlds or purchase the MP3 album AND the CD is if it's for one of my favorite bands and iTunes is having some sort of special offer that includes stuff not available on the CD. Conversely, I will limit myself to only the MP3 if there's only a single song I like from an artist. There's something about the CD art I'll ever be able to let go of. It makes it more personal for me.

I do not have a kindle or an iPad, so I have not had the chance to really test the waters on these devices. I have only attempted to read on my Droid phone and that totally sucks. Too small. I am open to giving either the Kindle or iPad a stab for my pleasure reading. (Actually, I'd LOVE one of the two.) It would be more convenient for travel and eliminate the inevitable "which book do I bring?" question. One the other hand, I also love the feel, smell and visceral experience of a printed book. I suppose I am on track to fall in line with what the future may hold for us: special books will be printed; utilitarian books will be digital.

I think I am okay with that.