Monday, June 20, 2011

Faux Design

If this series was done for a class project, I can understand why there wouldn’t be any real text to back it up. However, if it is just a project that the designer wanted to do, it seems like a loose concept. I think most of the covers successfully accomplish a “retro” look through the use of images and typeface, although I’m creeped out by all the spiders.

I totally agree with Rebecca that graphic design deserves to be displayed in a museum, but I doubt I would be interested in seeing this specific project in person. Parts of the designs would make for interesting shirt art because they have a distressed aesthetic that is popular right now. As long as they aren’t just copied and slapped on the front of the shirt, I think the look could work for merchandise.