Thursday, June 30, 2011

Poems now and then









"The Random House Book of Poetry for Children" was one of my favorites when I was little. It has great illustrations and fun poetry. I always liked the cover because of the guy holding his nose and the cute gingerbread man! I still love poetry to this day, thanks to books like this one.

I went through a phase a few years ago when I only bought poetry books, and if I didn't know the work of the author I would just buy a book based on the cover. This book by Karen Volkman is one of my favorites. I tend to like abstract art with bright colors, so I couldn't resist buying this book. I actually looked at it several times before I bought it and then I finally gave in! Luckily the poetry was good. It's a collection of sonnets that are very abstract so the content fits with the cover.