Thursday, February 16, 2012

My First Book = FAIL

I'm sorry to miss class last night, but I am sickly and wanted to spare you all of my germs. I did, however, have my book/comp all ready to get critiqued. I had so many issues when creating the book. For one thing, I could not visualize the correct order of the body pages. As a result, the pages weren't in order when I finished the book. Also, my page numbers are not in the right place on the pages. My cover turned out to be too short, so now I know to add space for a small spine. Not to mention, I have glue everywhere! This was not a pleasant experience, but at least I now know what I did wrong (it was ALL me and probably 40% the meds).

I have included some photos of my book. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I did change the typeface for my cover and made the images larger. Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Front Cover. See how much shorter it is!

Back Cover

Half Title

Title Page


Last Page. You like where my page number is, don't you?