Saturday, February 11, 2012

Book Binding

Honestly, I don't know a lot about book binding, but I can certainly appreciate it. It is amazing how the way it is actually held together is an art form in itself, and can contribute to the design and the feel of the book.

I also cannot say that I have a favorite design. I don't even think I know what all the types of book binding techniques are, but I know that I will totally use saddle stitching for smaller things simply out of convenience. I work at Paper Source part time, and they do have book binding kits. I've always kind of eyed them up and being in this class has me interested in the actual process of selecting materials and putting one together. I'll have to buy the kit and try it out! Who knows, I may never saddle stitch again.

I love bookstores on rainy days and since its raining today, I think I may venture over to the Barnes and Noble and get some inspiration!

ps- the Soro Design page was great!