Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Great Posts Guys

Just wanted to jump in and let everyone know that I am so excited about all the books you guys are reading and/or have read. I have had a really busy schedule for the last year and a half, and I feel so out of touch with the literary world.....but this is no excuse. Just based on this past round of posting, you have all reminded me of books I want to read, like:

Hunger Games (shameful I know that I haven't gotten to it, but I want to read before the movie comes out)

Game of Thrones series (I did not realise how much I am into mythological stories, but I really enjoy this series and can't wait to read the books.)

The Ernest Hemingway short stories (I am heartbroken for you Vienna that you gave up your copy, but what a great choice!)

I'm putting these on my short list. As a side note, Crystal, I totally agree with you that a textbook is another great answer to Anthony's question of books you can put down and pick up again based on their design. I find that design books in particular, by their nature make this easy. I am going through A Designer's Research Manual for another class right now, and I love the fact that it is seperated by lots of content dividers etc that allows me to thumb through and pick out what I want to read at any given point.