Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Re: Interactive Fiction

I was trying to get more familiar with the interactivity of a book on a tablet so I went home to play with my mom's iPad which I also learned is where she reads the majority of her books now when she travels - putting her kindle on the back-burner.

It was basically the same as reading a real book, it included all he contents, and I became familiar with some of the interactivity she works with when reading: flipping the page with your finger, scroll through each of the individual the chapters, bookmark certain pages, highlight words, make the text bigger and smaller, and change the background color of the pages of the book (from white to ivory to black for the night reader) I was shocked to see all the personalized options you were able to work with to have the perfect reading material of your liking.

It shows the page number out of the total pages, a scroll at the bottom to move to a certain page with a scroll bar, and how many pages are left in that chapter.

Having the book interactive makes it more interesting. I hope this was able to pass of some ideas.