Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Re: Feedback request / iPad dimensions

Hey Mary Beth --

Here are some thoughts I had:
  • I don't think you need 4 slide out options for the menu -- I would just make one large menu slide out with the four options listed vertically so the reader has less steps to complete to find an option.
  • On the home page, I might expand the illustration and title over more of the page (maybe make the ship larger and move the text down -- let the menu slide over the text/images, if that makes sense? Since it's not static, you don't really have to create space for it.
  • There's a lot of text on every page, can you boil the selections down to one or two words? "History" "Family Members" "Mont Royal" etc? This might allow you to do more graphically on the page? Maybe make the words go around the compass? Just and idea!
  • I love the addition of the water strokes on the homepage -- I'd mimic that on the last page you posted!
It feels much more simplified!!

iPad screen dimensions: I did my screen first then overlayed the ipad -- the dimensions I used for the screen are 5.38 x7.75, then fit my pad around it. I think mine might be a tad smaller than Mary Beth's.