Thursday, July 9, 2015

Re: App Design / Feedback

These are very helpful. I feel like I am a little behind in getting everything together, but I've spent more time thinking about transitions and movement because I hate clicking through something that is clunky. If I am in an app that does not move from section to section, or idea to idea properly, I will most likely close it and move on. I found the section (within the second article in the original post) on transitions to be helpful, because you don't want the reader to get lost in a screen. When we are balancing hyper experiences of a story, I think this is incredibly important - in that we make it a new experience for our books- not a confusing one. I was reading an article on smart transitions (even though it was for web) where the author stated, “It’s not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works." I think this has been the biggest thing for me in this project since we are creating an environment for the reader, really thinking about how each piece moves seamlessly with the other.


Layla --
I agree with Keith on the heart. The first cover is more enticing and I think suggests the entangling of the characters and you can do more with that inside the following screens. It sounds like you have an interesting mix of information and it is well thought out!