Friday, July 5, 2013

Re: Crazy, Cool Books

Emily, I'm so glad you brought this topic up because I have been DYING to share a book that I think is really awesome and totally crazy cool. It's another Broadway book (sorry folks, I tried to showcase others during our roundtables, but I can't help it, I'm a total theater nerd...) and the cover is FUZZY!



This is the book for the musical, Avenue Q, which is a witty and raunchy musical that features mainly puppets and when I saw that the book is covered in fur, I couldn't resist. The rest of the book is designed in a crazy, over-the-top way that really reflects the show and its characters:




I'm not sure that it's completely revolutionary, but I do think it shows how an idea can come to life if you are really able to run with it. And in my opinion, it is completely and totally crazy cool.

This book was produced by Melcher Media who also produced the Spring Awakening book I brought in, in addition to a ton of other Broadway books (including Wicked's "Grimmerie" and the RENT "bible" which I also own). The design was created by Headcase Design (special thanks was given to Jessica Hische who I believed worked there at the time) and it was published by Hyperion.