Monday, July 1, 2013

My Book Binding Experience

I used to refer to myself as a perfectionist, but this program has broken me. I did not rush, I thought I measured correctly, I thought I printed correctly, but human error is a very real, deadly and tear-inducing thing. Needless to say, I inadvertently managed to bind a "What Not To Do When Book Binding" book. Margins are mismatched, things are off-center and I had to leave the bleed on my cover in order for it to cover all of the interior pages...among many other things all of your eagle eyes will spot tomorrow. The bright side: I know I can nail it on round two (*sigh of relief this is a draft*). I posted a picture of my sweet binding press I crafted -- and I used PVA glue which did the trick. I too, did go to Office Depot to get them to trim my pages, which turned out great and only cost me $0.89 -- I don't think I've paid that cheap for anything in a long time. Can't wait to see all of your beautifully bound creations tomorrow.