Thursday, July 11, 2013

Coffee Table Books

It's always interesting getting more insight about a person, a family, a couple or a stranger based on their surrondings -- maybe it's the music on their iPod, the contents of their car trunk, or, the objects found on their coffee table. My dad is an engineer so growing up, books about Frank Lloyd Wright were often set out. And now, it seems that magazines about architecture reign supreme on my parents coffee table -- Dwell can be found all over the house (which I love!).



I live with three friends right now so anything goes on the coffee table -- none of us have really taken the lead on getting fancy in that respect. And, well I'm not sure I'd necessarily want to design this book -- but I would love to purchase a book about one of my favorite shows growing up *major admission coming* -- the coffee table book would detail all the ridiculous contraptions, tricks, etc. that MacGyver rigged up in each episode. Maybe the modern spin would be to add the "Mythbusters" touch and reveal what worked, what didn't and what would've made them work in real life.