Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Spine Power - Aseloka

I commend anyone who is able to create something fantastic with the spine of their book. Particularly like the examples you give in your post, Adina. I think the collection of spines is especially intriguing. 

But for some reason, I'm mostly ok with spines being largely informational. I understand that as a consumer browsing the aisles of a bookshelf, the text provided on the spine is there to give me specific bits of information about the book and the for something a bit more intriguing I may want to pick up one book or another and take a look at the cover or read through a few pages to see if this is something I may be interested in. 

This is where I think the title becomes important. A catchy title can definitely lure a reader in. Not to say that a pretty spine won't, but I think a title can have as least as much weight in that regard. *shrugs. Just my two cents!