Wednesday, July 2, 2014

RE: Perfect Binding Ahhhhh-Adina

Nicole,

What better topic to bring up than this. I think the binding is the more challenging aspect to book making in general. What I will say however, is that the end result of a handmade book is pretty rewarding. Whether you opt for the hardcover or softback form, from cover to cover, inside and out it is a product you created and executed. The binding is frustrating but the many techniques in which you can bind text blocks can actually be relaxing, if you have the time and patience. The entire idea of creating a handmade book takes time, attention to detail and patience. When this isn't your livelihood or something that is completely brand new it can be overwhelming. I hope everyone's books are going well.

I'm including link of books and a book artist that I came across in my Book Arts class and the pinterest board. Pretty cool sights and concepts

The works of Joy Campbell: http://www.joymcampbellbookartist.com/galleryfour.html

http://www.pinterest.com/updownbindery/book-examples-for-literary-publications/