Tuesday, July 8, 2014

RE: Rip Off or Creative Inspiration: Derrick

This is a topic that frequently come up among designers. There's always a fine line between ripping off someone and creating something new. My theory is that, it's not much that hasn't already been done. More than likely, at this level, we won't be creating anything new. I always look at other designer's work for technique and inspiration. I think it's out right wrong to just copy someone's work as if you created it.

My source of inspiration depends on what I'm trying to create. For this class, I've been looking at lot's of different kind of books to make sure that I'm using the standard techniques and formalities. Usually, I use whatever that's around me, whether it's the people that I pass on the streets, the cars, books, magazines or other works of art. Depending on the basis of the project will determine my next move. Usually, after the brainstorming ideas, I'll sketch out something then trying to execute my ideas. Typically, I'd use youtube if I can't figure out how to do something. I'd rather watch the video and follow as they are doing it.