Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Interactive books (Christina)

Agree completely.  In my research, I was overwhelmed with the games (and gaming) and children's books examples of good interactive design. This could be because the new technology lends itself easily to these audiences and was later (more recently) applied to adult book genre.  We seem to be right in the middle of this evolution, so the adult genre will catch up.  I think it adds such an interesting dimension to the book, from the reader perspective.  Meaning, I am a paper book reader BUT if I was really into a book and if I take the time to read it I am, then I'd love to explore more about the book and all that it encompasses.  For this reason, I really had fun designing the interactive experience for The Glass Castle, because I would have loved to have had this information and resources at the click of the mouse, swipe of the screen, when I read it the first time.