Thursday, July 10, 2014

Breaking Convention -Derrick

I've came across a lot of interesting designs for binding books when I was working on project two. As I was cruising youtube and browsing the net, I came across some beautiful handmade books from Natalie Stopka. She integrates creative bindings and techniques within her works. She use ribbons, fibers, patterns intertwined within the binding. Her work really inspired me because it was so different from a lot of the other articles I was reading and just the general look and feel of what I perceived a book to resemble. I admire the fact that she uses a traditional method with a touch of her own creativity.
                                         
                                          



Click on here name to link to her site or click "here".