Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Such a tricky cover and horrible book

It kills me to post about these books because I really hate them, but here goes.

I think Jen Lancaster's series about how she's just so fabulous really goes. I read one and it annoyed the crap out of me. The narrator (and author) is so horribly unlikable that I can't bear to even look at another one, but somehow I get tricked into picking one up every time I'm at a book store. I don't even think they're that well designed, but they just grab me- I guess because something about it looks vaguely familiar and it's not pink and I'm curious.



It looks like she also has some other books that switch it up a little- going with photos instead of illustrations. And I guess it's not actually a series, but it kind of is.

Anyway, they're terrible books, don't read them, but if you're anything like me, you'll fall for them in bookstores.