Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Everyone loves Bacon

Trudy- Those books are stunning. I'd love to have any of them as prints hanging on my wall.

I haven't really followed any book designers thus far, but can point to books that I like. Researching different designers this week was a bit like falling down a rabbit hole. I learned so many new names and became obsessed with so many new people.

If I have to pick just one to share with you all, I'm going to go old school. Paul Bacon is the man.

I came across the cover for Compulsion, and was shocked to learn it was designed in 1956. It's still so fresh and clean and, man, I just really am feeling it.

He also did One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest, which is so different, but still feels like his work.

And just to share one more, here's an album cover that he did that makes me want to die cause I am so obsessed.