Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cool Spine Design

This isn't the first time I have admitted that I am not a dedicated reader. With that said, you won't likely find me in Barnes & Noble looking for the latest Suzanne Collins novel (just an example). However, if I just happen to be in Barnes and Noble looking for a book to read, I am looking at book covers that catch my eye. I do the same thing when selecting wine. If I like the label, I am buying that wine!

I think that spines of books are equivalent to the packaging of products. As Trudy said, "your spine is your first and last chance to peak a buyer's interest". If I am drawn to the spine, I will pick up the book. If the cover turns me on, I'll pull out my Barnes and Noble gift card and buy! 


Below are a few example I would consider buying if I saw them in Barnes and Noble (and I had a gift card).