Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Such a pretty blue




The first (and last) time I opened a Bible, it was by accident. I was about seven and was playing with the bedside table in a Disney World hotel. Assuming all of the drawers would be empty, it was to my surprise that someone left their book! I showed it to my dad and he laughed and said, “That stays here”. Because I don’t have very much experience with bibles, my opinion on this is going to be very straightforward and design based. I obviously like that pretty blue color used in the Transetto flipback Bible. It catches my attention and helps me to easily differentiate the individual sections. Like any flipback book, I envy its ability to be convenient without sacrificing information. Like I stated in class when we first saw this new flipback book idea, my only thought was that I wish there were more books in this format. So overall, I’d have to say though none of these are “appealing” to me, this is the most interesting design.