Friday, July 8, 2011

My Favs

One of my favorite books was called "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom". It is an alphabet book that teaches the ABCs through rhyme and pictures. Like Jolie, I couldn't read yet when I had this book, but I memorized it and would sing it all the time. I loved the bright colors and I probably got my love of polka dots from this book.


I can't talk about my favorite childhood book without mentioning "The Jolly Postman". This was an interactive book with real envelopes and letters that come out. The mail came from different nursery rhyme characters. (There was also a Christmas version.) I was fascinated by the idea that the story wasn't just made up of words on a page. Although this story would probably be awesome on the ipad, it wouldn't be the same as opening the mail and holding the letter in your hand.