Saturday, July 9, 2011

Morris and Lyle


There are so many books that I loved as a kid, it's hard to choose! One of my favorites was "Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile." Lyle goes to live with a wealthy family and it's just really cute. It has great pictures as well. I didn't know there was a prequel to this book as well, called "The House on East 88th Street." I also didn't know that Bernard Waber was the author of the "Arthur" series!


I remember reading this book when I was in kindergarten and I thought it was hilarious. Morris the Moose has a cold and his friend Boris the Bear takes care of him, teaching him things like the what the phrase "my nose is running" means and that its not the same thing as "my nose is walking." It has great illustrations and kids will find the jokes easy to understand! I loved reading this book with my mom and laughing every time. I think reading books was one of the great joys of my childhood.