Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kristi's Favorite Harry Potter Book Covers



The Ukrainian book covers are by far my favorite. The other book covers make the books seem either too serious or too childish--and the books are neither! The Ukrainian book covers are awesome because they have a unique perspective and a lot of detail. I like how all or most of the characters are popping out of the foliage in the purple cover. Dumbledore also looks funny, like he's hiding something! I like the red cover as well. Is that Dobby the elf in gold? I also like how they've used the lightning bolt letter and it kind of looks a lot like the American version, but not completely.
As a person who has read some (but not all) of the Harry Potter books, I definitely appreciate seeing the international covers! What fun! You can see the rest of the Ukrainian book covers at http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/picture/38314.