Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Self-Help for a Middle Child? Why Not?

First of all, let me tell you why I enjoyed this week's post: Crystal's comment that " "self help" genre of books have never really caught my interest, simply because I am perfect..." I die!

But back to business, on the topic of self-help books that drew me in.....I have to admit I had the hardest time thinking of anything to post. Truly because I have never read any self-help books.

But if I had to, I think I would look into self-help books to help me deal with the relationships between me and my 4 other siblings, and my nagging middle child sensibilities. I did a quick Amazon search and came across these 2 that jumped out at me.The second one in particular is quite funny to me...how clever to use a classical statue and adapt it conceptually to this subject matter.

Personally, at the end of the day, I think I would have a better therapy session by browsing the labels of Middle Sister Wine bottles. But I (begrudginly) accept there is something to these books, after all they keep making them, and people keep buying them.