Saturday, March 10, 2012

Self Help Books!

So, I was having a little difficulty selecting a topic for this post. I just happened to come across a book my mom gave me when I was 15 years old called The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. I don't think I ever read the entire book. I wasn't really interested in reading it then, but obviously my mom thought it would inspire me to be "highly effective".


The whole "self help" genre of books have never really caught my interest, simply because I am perfect.  However, there are hundreds of thousands of these books out here, so people must be reading them. I want to know if you all read self help books, and if so, what influences your purchase of them? When I say this, I mean are you drawn in by a famous/credible author, the title/topic of the book, the design, etc.?