Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I jugde books by their covers... Respones to Stacy

It is true I do! I read about a book a week, so there is nothing I love more then to steal some time and go into a book store and perusing the selection of books. The ones with the best cover always attract me first. I believe the cover of a book is like a handshake, it doesn't tell you everything about the book but it is an important first impression. The cover is not everything but it matters a lot.


 Like this book By David Wong, I am both intrigued and horrified by the cover of this book.

I agree with Nathan and Ali that as books move into the digital environment the physical (paperback/hardback) books are increasingly becoming art objects that are prized for the beauty of book as well as the content between the covers. This I believe is the physical paper books way of carving out a niche for itself as world moves farther into the digital atmosphere. This reality saddens and excites me, but I look forward to seeing what the future holds for books both the digital form and the physical form.
Birdhouse By Jim Rosenau