Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Books with the same cover: My thoughts

I've really enjoyed reading all your responses to my questions! I'm glad we can all agree that Jessica Hische is insanely talented. To answer one of my own questions (would I buy the same book with different covers?), my answer is yes, I would. And I have. I'm actually currently debating on the books I want to bring for next class. I'm trying to narrow it down to two or three... Yes I have more than three copies of the same book. For me, I think it not only stems from my love of design and reading, but also that my dad is a book collector. Growing up with shelves filled with books, spending hours at a used book store, and going to author signings was a huge part of my upbringing. Do I judge a book by its cover? Absolutely. Even if the design doesn't speak to me, the descriptions and title include on the cover can still sell me on it.