Sunday, May 31, 2015

Re: Cover Design Process: Failing Better

Very interesting topic! I really enjoyed the videos and the talk thanks for posting them. So basically when I sit down to design I try to think about the finished product. I think about the target audience and the shape and basically all the small details. I also like to think about what the marketing process will be for the book. Simple and eye catching are always a plus. I've found over the years that that's what people usually go for. It's also important to me to think about the cover as a whole. Front and back nothing annoys me more then when the covers feel disjointed. I can't think of a specific designer I really like but the cover designs for most of the books Melville House puts out are pretty cool and worth checking out.