Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sweet Tea and Rocking Chairs

Ok so I think I have a fascination with the South. Ever since I was in high school I thought the South was so cool. I wanted to live there and I wanted that accent. I don't know if you understand how much I wanted that accent but I REALLY wanted a sweet southern accent.

I'm not sure how I came across these books, I'm guessing it was my mom but I'm just glad that I did. The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells was one of my favorites. I remembering sitting in the hall before class laughing hysterically and crying while making my way through the book. Somehow it transported me to Louisiana and I loved it.

After I read the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood I realized there were two more books in this series. One that I was suppose to read beforehand "Little Alters Everywhere"and one that came after "Ya-Ya's In Bloom."

I rely enjoyed the nostalgic look of these books and I think they work fairly well together as a whole. Of course there are some parts that could be improved. One piece that sticks out to me is "a novel" through out all three books. Something about it is irking me except for "The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood." I really like how it is interacting with the image. But that's just my opinion.

What do you think about the covers? What is one of your favorite series?