Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Re: Sweet Tea and Rocking Chairs


Hooray for Louisiana! It is a special place. ;) I haven't read this entire series previously mentioned, just The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Which, I too think was passed on from my mom at some point. There are so many great stories, voices, and characters of the South. 

Though not a southerner himself, his bride Zelda was. These (pictured below) are not so much a series, but a collection of works by F. Scott Fitzgerald. These were recently designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith at Penguin Books and are just gorgeous.



A totally different aesthetic - and not so sweet and southern as Ya-Ya - but simple, effective, and beautiful. The art deco patterns reflect the jazz age perfectly, but also gives a fresh modern appeal to these classics. I'm sort of in love with them.


p.s. I hope I'm posting to this correctly!