Thursday, May 29, 2014

Book Cover Comps- Beyond the Wall

Hey guys I'm posting the pictures based off my story Beyond the Wall. The gist of the story is the Author, Ambrose Bierce, goes to visit his friend while he's in San Francisco. While there he notices how he looks old and on his death bed. While there his friend, Mohan Dampier, tells him a story of how he met this girl and they never spoke to her, but he fell in love with her. The only way they would communicate is through a knock on the wall. Eventually he was upset because the girl wouldn't respond back to him, then he later found out she had died. After he found out Dampier was hurt and depressed.

So from the synopsis I took 2 approaches in the design the first is playing off the wall effect and showing a man with her shadow in the wall. I wanted to give it a dark and mysterious look. The font is suppose to represent text on the wall as well. The second approach is the man knocking on the wall, I think this effect gives it a suspenseful take. I played with the layers to also give it a dark feel to match Bierce's tone of the story. Any suggestions?